To maximize the service life of a building, owners and managers should invest in proactive roof maintenance and a life-cycle assessment program in the first year after the roof is applied. An “out of sight, out of mind” attitude towards roofing can be expensive.
A reactive maintenance program, that only kicks in after significant damage has occurred, often is unable reclaim the full projected lifespan of a roof.
When water leaks into a building, hard assets are at risk, and collateral damage costs can quickly escalate. A roof can leak for days, weeks or even months before it is noticed inside the building. Debris and solar damage can also shorten the life of a roof significantly, and these conditions can often be successfully reversed if caught early on.
Data suggests that more than 80 percent of roofs are replaced prematurely.* Maintenance and repairs can cost thousands of dollars less than replacing a roof years too soon
“As long as the cost of maintenance is less than 1.6 percent of the initial cost of the maintained roof – on an annual basis – will be less than the unmaintained roof.”
– Peter Kalinger, technical director, Canadian Roofing Contractors Association
Our roof maintenance services include:
- 24 hour on call emergency roofing service and disaster response
- 24 hour expert leak investigation and short-notice roof repairs by skilled roofing technicians
- Scheduled thorough visual roof inspections
- Examination of flashings, sealants, drainage, parapet walls, building structure, air conditioning units and roof tie-ins
- Thermal imaging (infrared) inspection for heat loss, moisture, water and air leaks
- Written reports identifying any damaged areas, with photos
- A scope of any required work and a written estimate that will allow for proper budgeting and implementation of all necessary repairs or replacement
We provide maintenance services for all roofing types. Our work is fully guaranteed. We maintain an A+ BBB rating.
*GAF Certified Maintenance Professional (CMP) Manual, January 2102